Elections & Voting
In-Person voting for the 24 March 2020 Presidential Preference Primary has been postponed, and will be combined with the June 9, 2020 General Primary.
Absentee by mail will continue.
All votes already cast for the 24 March Election will be counted with the June 9, 2020 Primary.
All voters who have not voted in the Presidential Primary will receive a ballot with both the Presidential and local primary candidates for the May Election.
A secure drop box for mail ballots, applications and any other communications has been placed by the front door of the Elections office for your convenience.
Early Opening and Counting of Absentee Ballots
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 21-2-386 (a) (3), AND Georgia State Election Board Emergency Rule: Processing Absentee Ballots Prior to Election Day, this is to notify the citizens of Lowndes County that the Lowndes County Board of Elections will begin the scanning of absentee ballots cast in the 9 June 2020 General Primary, the March 2020 Presidential Preference Primary, and SPLOST Special Election beginning on Monday, 1 June 2020, at 9:00 a.m., and continuing daily until 4 p.m. until all ballots are scanned. This will be conducted in the Lowndes County Elections office at 2808 N Oak St, Valdosta, GA 31602. The public is welcome to observe. NO VOTES WILL BE TABULATED until Election Day, 9 June 2020, after 7:00 p.m. Please call 229-671-2850, or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
NOTICE OF COMPUTATION, CANVASSING AND CERTIFICATION
OF ELECTION RETURNS
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 21-2-492, notice is hereby given that computation, canvassing and certification of the returns of votes cast in the June 2020 General Primary, the March 2020 Presidential Preference Primary, and Special Election will take place in the Lowndes County Elections office, on Friday, 19 June 2020, beginning at 1 P.M.
The office’s responsibilities include:
- Assisting elected officials and candidates in completing state ethics forms and maintaining them for public inspection
- Conducting elections for federal, state, and local offices
- Federal, state, and local redistricting
- Maintaining U.S. Justice Department compliance and implementing federal and state legislation, Supreme Court Decisions, and Attorney General Opinions
- Other functions include voter registration, voter education, and service to the community where we work and live
The diverse office staff consists of 5 full-time persons and a varying number of part-time staff to meet fluctuating work demands and polling place staffing.
For additional voter information including an online voting registration form, visit the My Voter Page.
Use the MVP Log In to check your:
- Voter registration status
- Mail-in application and ballot status
- Poll location
- Early voting locations
- Elected Officials
- Registration information on file with the county office
- Sample ballot for the upcoming election
- Provisional ballot status
Citizens wishing to vote by mail may request an absentee ballot by phone, email, fax or in person. If you have any further questions please call 229-671-2850.
The Lowndes County Voter Registration and Elections’ Provisional Verification number is 229-671-2850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.